Howard Scott Warshaw was the programmer Atari's best selling original game, Yar’s Revenge, as well as E.T. the Extraterrestrial and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Now he's a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist. He has a Master’s in Engineering and a Master’s of Arts and Psychology.
* Howard talks about his transition from programming (debugging code) to therapy (debugging people)
* How games are really a biofeedback loop
* Discussion on game design theory
* The 80/20 theory of programmers
* Why Howard thinks that Steven Spielberg is really an alien
* Some behind the scenes info about Atari: Game Over
* The conflict between game designers and gaming execs
* We take user questions, including Howard's thoughts on the XBLA/PSN re-imagining of Yar's Revenge, shortfalls of the 2600, and the recent deal between Atari and Dynamite Comics
* An in-depth discussion on violence in video games
* How parents can best deal with their children playing video games
Note: We didn't cover anything that you can find in a wiki article.